Monday, June 7, 2010

It's all over but the shouting

Softball banquet. Check. Turned in the uniforms. Check. Lockers cleaned out. Check. Instruments returned. Check. And absolutely nobody on Facebook in the computer room.  Check.


JV Softball, not a winning season but a team come together in the end

Yep, finals week has begun.  Nobody but Chip and me and the pets in the family room watching the Brewers, the girls deeply embedded in their rooms.  Maybe studying, maybe not.  Not my gig anymore.

Junior Prom 2010

Another school year coming to a close, another summer begins. I cheer on behalf of most but not all kids this time of year because having worked as a school nurse I know that for some kids of poverty or those with trouble in their families, summer is a time of worry, instability and boredom...lacking in structure or any kind of summer fun that many of us take for granted: swimming, vacations, barbecues, time to dream, rest, plenty of food.  School is a safe haven for more kids than my heart can ache for.  Not so much a problem for these sassy pants below, my favorite picture ever of the waning days of the school year.


Today I shopped for a personal calendar and although the 2011 calendars are not out in the stores yet, the academic calendars continue to suit my needs fine. January Schmanuary.  My sun continues to rise and set by the Madison Public School District calendar for a few more years.


Good job again, my girls.  You don't read often but in case you read today, I'm proud of you and love you more than I can ever put into words.  Looking forward to a fun summer with you.

2 comments:

  1. thank you Mommy! i love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! Most excellent blog. Who's the lad with the ladies in that long ago photo? Not Bryant, is it?

    ReplyDelete