Monday, December 13, 2010

Cheer cheer cheer....I'm full of it

the only men "man" enough to hang with the cookie crowd and help with the math...3 women bring 3 dozen,
1 woman brings 4 dozen, 1 woman brings 5 dozen and 19 women bring 6 dozen.  What is the maximum that everyone can take on the first pass so everybody gets at least one of each cookie?  
Just shoot me.
I'm Christmasing myself silly the past few days.  Two parties this weekend, one for Chip's students and one for the ladies for the annual neighborhood cookie exchange.  Mulled wine and Mexican food thoughtfully prepared by local awesome restaurant go surprisingly well together.


Family strategizing before the exchange

The snow came this weekend and because it was preceded by a little sleet that made all the trees sticky, our neighborhood was quickly transformed into a treacherous winter wonderland.

Chip's students built us a snowman on their way out.  A+ for each of them I say!

Then there's my annual obsession with A Christmas Carol.  I am impressed with just how many versions there are on TV this year and as I write I'm watching George C. Scott do Patton do Ebenezer Scrooge.  A few days ago it was Albert Finney as Scrooge and Alec Guinness as Marley in a musical version.  Completely obscure versions indeed.  I'm impressed with just how sick Tiny Tim looks in the George C. Scott version tonight.


And two daughters have two birthdays in the past few weeks and so we're now the parents of an adult...



and a sweet 16.












It's always holiday madness for us at this time of year and I suppose we'd have it no other way.

2 comments:

  1. Apologies to all participants for my algebra fail. I was overly cocky. Despite accurate instructions and a detailed description of the challenge, my algorithm did NOT assure that everyone got at least one of each cookie. I should have left it to the other prof in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so fun and festive, wish we
    were close enough to be in on all of the
    festivities! Merry Christmas to all!
    Faye

    ps still enjoy your blog alot even tho' i
    don't comment often

    ReplyDelete